Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Edwardian Needle

I have been working on my first cross-stitch project in probably about 15 years and have loved every minute of it. A couple of weeks ago I took the bus, about a 30 minute trip, to Bloomfield, NJ to visit the Edwardian Needle. This shop is pretty incredible, they offer classes and a huge assortment of threads- basically anything for all types of needlepoint. As a newbie, I did need some extra attention, and Pam, the owner/self-acclaimed stitching expert, treated me as her apprentice and taught me all I needed for my first design. I am planning on tracking my progress, due to the fact that it is taking me FOREVER to get through it. Over the past 4-5 days I have accomplished what- to you may seem like very little, but to me seems like a huge achievement. Here is the pattern I am using. The large flower on both ends is the center of the piece. The actual project will be long and narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and your support. Keep reading!